Nio, a newcomer to the electric car market, has found a lifeline in the form of a new $1 billion investment from various Chinese investment funds. The crucial funds secure Nio’s financial future and will ensure new vehicles continue to be developed.
Reuters reported on the investment following a Nio press conference on Wednesday. The company said the investment doesn’t impact any current partnerships with other companies, nor its listing on the New York Stock Exchange.
Last year, Nio announced its, and shortly after that, it . Meanwhile, Nio’s been pushing its two production cars as it looks to find a footing. Early hype saw it labeled the Chinese Tesla and the company had big expectations to fill. The launched first with -rivaling specs, though slow sales followed. The more affordable ES6 electric SUV made up a larger portion of its deliveries towards the end of 2019. Nio sold just under 4,000 cars so far this year through March, and the company said it’s starting to see a recovery.
China’s slowing auto market was partially to blame for Nio’s rocky start, and this year, thepandemic put a halt to any presumed gains in the country. Nio said any negative impact on the company due to COVID-19 has since passed, however, and its suppliers are in good shape going forward. Nio sold just under 4,000 cars so far this year through March, and the company said it’s starting to see a recovery.
- Colleges That Require Coronavirus Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Colleges That Require Virus-Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Gender Equality in Tech (GET) Cities Expands to DC to Diversify the Tech Ecosystem – Yahoo Finance
- Turkey Widens War Tech Hunt by Tapping Pakistan’s China Ties – Bloomberg
- Tech recruiting lessons in the Covid-19 era – Information Age
- Virtual tech event highlights local STEM professionals during WHAT I CAN BE! Tech Career Showcase – Herald-Mail Media
- Accenture’s Tech Push Makes It World’s Most Acquisitive Company – Bloomberg
- Tech Hosts Duke for Senior Night – Men’s Basketball — Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets – Georgia Tech Official Athletic Site
- No. 22/19 Tech set for final home game, takes on Cards – VT hokiesports.com