China could retaliate against European telecom equipment makers Nokia and Ericsson if the European Union bans Huawei from member states’ 5G networks, the Wall Street Journal reported Monday. It follows the UK following the US in blocking the embattled Chinese company‘s gear from its next generation wireless network.
Ericsson declined to comment, while Nokia didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.
This story will be updated shortly.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing