Life is stressful enough without the hassles of lost or misplaced keys, phones, wallets and such. Thankfully, there’s helpful technology in the form of Tile trackers, which establish a sort of digital tether to your phone. Something goes missing? Use the Tile app to locate the tracker. Can’t find your phone? Use the tracker to make it ring. Pretty genius.
If you’re ready to add a few of these to your life, CNET readers can, for a limited time, get a Nest Mini has a retail value of $49, though it’s nearly always on sale, often for as low as $29.. Those packs range in price from $40-$100; the
Your cheapest option here is a Tile Sticker two-pack for $40. The option I like best is the Essentials four-pack, which includes two Stickers, one keychain-friendly Tile Mate and one wallet-friendly Tile Slim. It’s $70.
The Stickers are the newest addition to the lineup. They’re designed to stick to anything you might need help locating: a TV remote, an e-reader or the case containing your fancy sunglasses.
You can enable Tile tracking on your Amazon Echo or Google Assistant device (like, say, a Nest Mini). Then you can say, for example, “OK, Google, ask Tile to find my keys.”
Even better, you can share Tile locations with family members — meaning I could use my phone to help Mrs. Cheapskate find her keys or my daughter find her wallet. And there’s an especially useful community feature: Anyone using the Tile app who comes within range of your lost item can update its location.
I won’t say the devices are flawless, because in my experience they’re not. But they can definitely help find lost things, and are therefore worth owning. The Nest Mini is icing on the cake.
CNET’s Cheapskate scours the web for great deals on tech products and much more. For the latest deals and updates, follow the Cheapskate on Facebook and Twitter. Find more great buys on the CNET Deals page and check out our CNET Coupons page for the latest promo codes from Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon and more. Questions about the Cheapskate blog? Find the answers on our .
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing