Mother’s Day is just around the corner, on Sunday, May 10 in the US. With quarantines, lockdowns and shelter-in-place orders keeping many families apart, this will likely be a different holiday than usual for many. But you can still send a gift to the mothers and mother figures in your life if you like, no matter your budget — CNET has a full list of gift options available for under $25 if you’re looking for something small, or in the $51 to $100 range if you have more to spend. You can also check out all of our favorite Mother’s Day gifts.
Here are several options in the $26 to $50 range. Many of these products have been fully reviewed or anecdotally tested by CNET editors.
If your mom is watching a lot of TV right now, the Roku Streaming Stick Plus can turn any HDTV into a state-of-the-art streamer that gets every major channel and streaming service, including Netflix and Hulu. It streams up to 4K resolution, and the included remote controls the TV’s power and volume, too.
Looking for an Apple AirPods alternative for your mom? The EarFun Free earphones are wireless headphones with Bluetooth 5.0, and USB-C and wireless charging. They’re also fully waterproof — and come at a fraction of the cost of AirPods. Read our take on the EarFun Free earphones here.
Bring Google Assistant to your mom’s nightstand with the Lenovo Smart Clock, a clock with a variety of faces and highly customizable alarms. A sunrise alarm feature will make the display get gradually brighter starting 30 minutes before her scheduled alarm, to ease her into her morning.
- Redefining Traditional Pathways To Tech – Forbes
- Bracketology Bubble Watch: Michigan State, Georgia Tech boost resumes with upsets; UNC looks to maintain spot – CBS Sports
- Riverside acquires Rethink parent company Think Tech Labs for its SaaS platform Buildout Inc. – Crain’s Cleveland Business
- Springwoods Village evolves with tech giant relocation, new housing options – Community Impact Newspaper
- California Tech Hub Bitwise Industries Raises $50 Million In Quest To Diversify The Workforce – Forbes
- California tech company joins ProMedica to bring innovation center to Toledo – WTVG
- How Tech Is Saving Lives On the Road – Entrepreneur
- Biden will review tech supply chains to reduce dependence on China – Yahoo Tech
- US-China Tech Competition Hinges On This Formerly Obscure Commerce Department Post – Forbes