Marty never rode hoverskates, but there’s no doubt that he’d have felt right at home wearing them around the local manure truck. I’m talking about Segway’s Drift W1 e-skates, which are sort of like strapping a pair of tiny, shoe-sized hoverboards to your feet. If you’re ready for your next self-balancing adventure, theis now available for $180 when you apply discount code WELCOME20 at checkout at Segway’s online store.
That’s 55% off the regular price of $400. The Segway site claims the list price is $500, and that might be technically true, but I doubt anyone pays that much for them — Amazon, for example, claims the list price is $400 and is.
I’ll be honest: I’ve never tried the W1, and I’m unlikely to give them a shot, ever. I own and adore my, but I was never comfortable on skates and I suspect that before I strap independent self-balancing skates on my two feet I should probably leave a note to my loved ones. But there are a lot of people out there who are braver than I am, and the W1 is for them. The Drift W1 has a top speed of about 12 mph and a riding time of 40 minutes on a single charge, and, according to CNET’s Aloysius Low, only takes a few minutes to get the hang of. Learn more by reading his from a couple years ago.
I don’t know how long this deal will last, but if you’ve ever dreamt of skating around like you’re from the future, right now you can snag them for a pretty sweet price, which appears to match the lowest price they’ve ever sold for at Amazon.
CNET’s deal team scours the web for great deals on tech products and much more. Find more great buys on the CNET Deals page and check out our CNET Coupons page for the latest promo codes from Best Buy, Walmart, Amazon and more. Questions about the Cheapskate blog? Find the answers on our .
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing