If ever there was a summer where Americans needed distraction and entertainment, it’s the summer of 2020. On Monday, former president Barack Obama shared a list of the songs that are getting him through this bizarre season, including music from teen singer Billie Eilish as well as from icons such as Bob Dylan and Bob Marley.
“Over the past few months, I’ve spent a lot of time listening to music with my family,” Obama said on social media. “I wanted to share some of my favorites from the summer — including songs from some of the artists at this week’s DemConvention. Hope you enjoy it.”
Artists performing at this week’s Democratic National Convention and also on Obama’s list include Eilish, John Legend, Leon Bridges, The Chicks (formerly The Dixie Chicks), Maggie Rogers, Billy Porter and Jennifer Hudson. Originally scheduled to take place in Milwaukee, the convention is now virtual, featuring live and pretaped material from politicians, entertainers and other Americans.
Near the end of 2019,of his favorite music, books and television shows of that year, including the Oscar-winning South Korean film , the saucy British comedy Fleabag, and music from Lizzo and Bruce Springsteen.
New movie calendar for 2020 and 2021 following coronavirus delays
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing