UK photographer Julie Hill created the winner of the Annie Mauder Prize for Image Innovation with this piece called Dark River.
“This image has transformed how the viewer experiences space by reinventing an observation of 84 million stars and moving into the three-dimensional realm,” said Astronomy Photographer of the Year judge Emily Drabek-Maunder, an astrophysicist.
Read the article
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing