For weeks, we’ve been tracking rumors that Apple is working onfor keys, wallets, and other possessions. Now, it seems Apple might have just let slip that the gizmos are indeed coming soon. Not an image, but an accidental mention inadvertently posted to YouTube.
First spotted by the site Appleosophy and seen by 9to5Mac, as well, the cameo comes in a new Apple support video showing users how to erase their iPhone and return it to the factory settings. In the video, now listed as private on YouTube, the demonstrator navigates to the Find my iPhone page in the phone’s settings, and you can see an option for enabling offline finding.
“Offline finding enables this device and AirTags to be found when not connected to Wi-Fi or cellular,” the description reads. Aha! So they are called AirTags!
Apple did not immediately respond to a request for comment. We’ll update this post if we hear anything else about them.
- Colleges That Require Coronavirus Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Colleges That Require Virus-Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Gender Equality in Tech (GET) Cities Expands to DC to Diversify the Tech Ecosystem – Yahoo Finance
- Turkey Widens War Tech Hunt by Tapping Pakistan’s China Ties – Bloomberg
- Tech recruiting lessons in the Covid-19 era – Information Age
- Virtual tech event highlights local STEM professionals during WHAT I CAN BE! Tech Career Showcase – Herald-Mail Media
- Accenture’s Tech Push Makes It World’s Most Acquisitive Company – Bloomberg
- Tech Hosts Duke for Senior Night – Men’s Basketball — Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets – Georgia Tech Official Athletic Site
- No. 22/19 Tech set for final home game, takes on Cards – VT hokiesports.com