This story is part of , our full coverage of the latest news from Apple headquarters.
Apple is holding an Apple will stream the event on its website.and while we don’t expect to be announced, the company is expected to unveil the and new additions to the . The event is scheduled for Sept. 15 at 10 a.m. PT (1 p.m. ET, 6 p.m. UK), and
The updated Apple Watch, which will be the successor to theand will run , is rumored to have a longer battery life, updates to its sleep-tracking feature and metrics to measure blood oxygen levels. The iPad Air is likely due for a refresh as well. Improvements could include a larger display, a faster processor (perhaps the A13 Bionic chipset) and maybe a USB Type-C connection instead of Apple’s Lightning port.
As for the iPhone 12, the company still has not released any information about its next phone launch, though we wouldn’t be surprised if during the Sept. 15 event Apple did not show a quick tease. While Apple confirmed that the new iPhone will be available “a few weeks later” than its usual mid-September launch,will be either Oct. 13 or 14.
CNET will be covering Tuesday’s event as it unfolds, so check back for all the news and products coming out that day.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing