The Last Campfire, the latest release from video game developer HelloGames, joined Apple Arcade’s growing catalog of over 130 games on Thursday. The Last Campfire is the story of a lost creature named Ember on an unexpected adventure.
Ember embarks on a sacred journey to find meaning and get home. Along the way, they encounter other creatures who are also lost, but in different ways. To help them, Ember must return hope to The Forlorn by solving puzzles and exploring strange ancient ruins.
This is one of Apple Arcade’s more serious games, exploring topics like sadness, change, fear of the unknown, helping others and making the choice to be selfless. The game’s ambient world is gorgeous as well — whether you play in normal mode, or in explore mode, which removes most of the puzzles. If you enjoyed Apple Arcade’s, the game is definitely worth checking out.
Check out the trailer here:
With Apple Arcade‘s release last September, Apple firmly staked its claim in the mobile gaming world. The subscription gaming service costs $4.99 a month (£4.99, AU$7.99) and lets you play more than 130 new and exclusive games across the iPhone, iPad, Mac, iPod Touch and Apple TV.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing