Ring has a new version of its Alarm Security Kit. Like the first-gen system, the five-piece starter kit comes with a hub, a keypad, one door/window sensor, one motion sensor and one range extender. It can be used alone or along with Ring’s doorbells and security cameras — and it still costs just $200.
You’ll notice subtle design differences between the original and the new version. Ring says it added “one-touch buttons” to the keypad to quickly contact law enforcement and other first responders. The Ring blog post published Thursday.also updated both the door/window sensors and the motion sensors, making them “smaller and easier to mount,” according to a
Add on a Ring Protect Plus plan for $10 a month for a professional monitoring subscription. Like other, you can cancel whenever you want, no early termination fees included. There’s no contract associated with the system or the professional monitoring service.
While the system is designed to be installed by you, Ring works with a couple third-party installers if you need help. Check to see if professional installation is available in your area.
Ring’s partnerships with police departments across the US have raised concerns among some privacy advocates. And thousands of Ring customers also had in December. This prompted and make it easier for users to access and make changes to their privacy and security settings. Nevertheless, .
This isn’t the first product announcement from Ring this year. In January, the company unveiled Zatz Not Funny spotted of what might be another upcoming Ring device dubbed Doorbox.. Two months later, Ring introduced two . And earlier this month, Dave Zatz of
The Ring Alarm system is available for preorder now and will be available to buy starting April 29.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing