Amazon will withdraw from MWC 2020 “due to the outbreak and continued concerns about novel coronavirus,” a spokesperson for Amazon Web Services said Sunday.
The company joins a LG, Ericsson and Nvidia, citing concerns over the spread of the novel coronavirus, 2019-nCoV. First disclosed in late December, the virus . Companies including Apple, Google and Nintendo have closed offices, limited business travel and faced supply chain disruptions.of the world’s largest mobile trade show, including
The GSMA, the organization that runs MWC, said it will have additional medical personnel on-site. It will also put other measures in place to reduce the risks posed by the disease, including a no-handshake policy.
CNET’s Katie Collins, Shara Tibken and Edward Moyer contributed to this report.
First published at 2:25 p.m. PT on Feb. 9.
Update at 2:41 p.m. PT: Adds comment from Amazon.
- [LLODO] Temperatures are climbing in Texas and the South while parts of Northeast to see snow
- [LLODO] Pennsylvania teen, 15, charged after stabbing his siblings, ages 13 and 9, prosecutors say
- [LLODO] Capitol police union slams ‘dysfunction’ at riot hearing as cops suffer crushed spinal discs, brain injuries
- [LLODO] Philadelphia police arrest sex assault suspect accused in Macy’s bathroom attack
- [LLODO] Pennsylvania teen found stabbed to death had cerebral palsy; sister, 14, remains in custody on murder charge
- [LLODO] New York GOP leader who calls himself ‘Republican Messiah’ charged in Capitol riot
- [LLODO] Surveillance video shows woman jumping into frozen pool to save dog
- [LLODO] 2 Boston construction workers found dead in hole, authorities say