While the second-generationwas heralded as the brand’s true rebirth, the really underscore where the Honda-owned luxury brand plans to go in the future. While we eagerly await more details on the new TLX Type S, it’s good to know the performance badge will head to other models.
That’s the word, according to Acura fan site Acurazine, which nabbed screenshots of a dealer presentation before the video was taken down. The presentation included a product roadmap, which explicitly shows a new is coming with a Type S variant, as well as a “new compact sedan” that will replace the . This small sedan will also receive the Type S treatment. If you’re thinking of the Integra and associated glory days, you’re not alone, reader.
2021 Acura TLX is one svelte sedan, with or without the Type S badge
Acura declined to comment on the vehicles mentioned in the product roadmap, but a spokesperson said, “We’ve expressed Acura’s steadfast commitment to Precision Crafted Performance since the launch of the second generation NSX. While this presentation is intended for Acura dealers and is not all-encompassing or definitive, it does demonstrate that we intend to deliver on that brand promise, step-by-step, starting with the 2021 TLX.”
We can only speculate on what will help create an MDX Type S and what the new compact sedan will entail. Common sense points to a Civic-based car, with borrowed performance chops from the. If Acura feels rowdy enough, maybe this compact car could even receive goodies from the . The MDX Type S could share the TLX Type S’ hardware: a turbocharged 3.0-liter V6 that should make well over 300 horsepower.
Until Acura’s ready to say more, we’ll have to wait patiently, but boy, it’s good to see Acura embracing performance again.
- All the best July 4th sales still happening right now
- Weekend deals: $22 drones, $6 fairy lights and a $30 AirPods Pro alternative
- Last chance to get excellent TCL 8-Series TV at lowest price ever
- The best deals from Best Buy’s July 4th sale you can still get today
- You can preorder Cyberpunk 2077 for $50 right now
- Get muscle relief with this TaoTronics massage gun for $95
- Best meat delivery deals for Independence Day weekend
- OnePlus Nord preorders have already begun. Here are the features it needs (and doesn’t need)
- Moto G Fast vs. G Power vs. G Stylus: Motorola’s newest budget phones, side by side