If you’re a gamer — or just visit the Cheapskate pages occasionally — you’re probably aware that Epic Games gives away one or more free games each week. For this first week of April, Epic is giving away three games that offer you a little bit of everything: some party game action, some exploration, a bit of adventure, and even a dash of combat. Between now and April 9, you can snag Drawful 2 and Gone Home for either Windows or Mac, and Hob for Windows only. The total retail value of these games is $45.
Want even more free games?, so be sure to check that out as well. Spoiler alert: One of the titles is a remastered version of Turok, a dinosaur-hunting first-person shooter I remember playing the heck out of back in the day.
Drawful 2 comes from Jackbox Games, creator of the Jackbox Party Pack and many other awesome party games. Drawful 2 is a Pictionary-like group game in which the object is to sketch a picture on your phone or tablet based on a text prompt, and then everyone gets to vote on what the picture represents. Because we’re all social-distancing right now, you can also play Drawful remotely with far-flung friends and relatives.
In this adventure game, you arrive home after a year abroad. You expect your family to greet you, but the house is empty — where did everyone go? Put on your exploration and detective caps, because you’ll need to explore, investigate and unravel the mystery.
Hob is a vibrant, suspenseful action-adventure game presented completely without text or dialog. As you explore the world, you’ll get to solve puzzles, take part in combat and repair the world you’re inhabiting.
This article is updated regularly with the current week’s free games.
- Colleges That Require Coronavirus Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Colleges That Require Virus-Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Gender Equality in Tech (GET) Cities Expands to DC to Diversify the Tech Ecosystem – Yahoo Finance
- Turkey Widens War Tech Hunt by Tapping Pakistan’s China Ties – Bloomberg
- Tech recruiting lessons in the Covid-19 era – Information Age
- Virtual tech event highlights local STEM professionals during WHAT I CAN BE! Tech Career Showcase – Herald-Mail Media
- Accenture’s Tech Push Makes It World’s Most Acquisitive Company – Bloomberg
- Tech Hosts Duke for Senior Night – Men’s Basketball — Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets – Georgia Tech Official Athletic Site
- No. 22/19 Tech set for final home game, takes on Cards – VT hokiesports.com