Apple’s biggest manufacturing contractor, Foxconn, reportedly told investors on a call Tuesday that the upcoming should still be able to hit its fall launch schedule — provided there are no further -related delays over the coming months. The upcoming iPhone is rumored to have new color and screen size options, as well as support.
In February, Foxconn faced delays as thousands of workers needed to assemble iPhones and other Apple electronics were told to stay home due to. The company has since , but not without some lingering issues.
“We and the customer’s engineers are trying to catch up the missing gap after we lost some days due to travel ban. There’s opportunity and possibility that we might catch up,” Alex Yang, the investor relations chief of Foxconn, said on a conference call, according to Bloomberg. “But if there’s a further delay in the next few weeks, months, then you probably have to reconsider launching time. It’s still possible.”
Much of the new iPhone’s fate seems to depend on the remaining course of the, but Foxconn is reportedly hopeful that the new iPhone will launch in time for the holiday season.
We reached out to Apple and Foxconn for comment but didn’t immediately hear back.
- Colleges That Require Coronavirus Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Colleges That Require Virus-Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Gender Equality in Tech (GET) Cities Expands to DC to Diversify the Tech Ecosystem – Yahoo Finance
- Turkey Widens War Tech Hunt by Tapping Pakistan’s China Ties – Bloomberg
- Tech recruiting lessons in the Covid-19 era – Information Age
- Virtual tech event highlights local STEM professionals during WHAT I CAN BE! Tech Career Showcase – Herald-Mail Media
- Accenture’s Tech Push Makes It World’s Most Acquisitive Company – Bloomberg
- Tech Hosts Duke for Senior Night – Men’s Basketball — Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets – Georgia Tech Official Athletic Site
- No. 22/19 Tech set for final home game, takes on Cards – VT hokiesports.com