ClubIntel‘s fifth annual International Fitness Industry Trend Report, released in December 2019, surveyed more than 90 industry trends across four categories: equipment, facilities, programming and technology. The report is based on the responses of almost 1,000 club operators from 11,500 facilities worldwide.
This gallery highlights 2019’s most popular technology-related fitness trends at American health clubs and studios. One trend is represented per slide along with the percentage of operators who offer applications related to that respective trend.
The report states: “Online registration and scheduling, which has received considerable media and consumer attention, only fell within the top five technology trends for boutique fitness training studios (42 percent), boutique group exercise studios (30 percent ) and medical fitness centers (43 percent). Mobile apps, which are one of the fastest growing technology applications in the retail and hospitality industries, do not appear as a current priority for the industry. … Technology applications such as mobile wallets, streaming fitness content, digital middlemen, AI and augmented reality remain niche offerings across the various industry segments as no segment had one of these important technology trends fall among their top five.”
Click here to download the full ClubIntel report.
- A2Z Technologies Enters into Contract with Nasdaq-Listed Israel Defense Technology Company – Yahoo Finance
- New Technology Firm Focuses on Global Carrier Management Market – Yahoo Finance
- Technology Reporter – CALmatters
- The Big Story in Construction Technology May not be What You Think… – Yahoo Finance
- Only Telephones Are Good – The Atlantic
- Influencers: Influencers In Technology – GlobeSt.com
- Analysis | The Technology 202: Iowa caucus delays test tech companies’ policies on falsehoods – The Washington Post
- Six Technology Trends That Will Shape Businesses In 2020 – Forbes
- The forefront of technology innovation – PMLiVE