As protests continue across the US in the wake of Lexus announced it has rescheduled the 2021 IS’ debut for a future date. Lexus was originally meant to reveal the car on June 9., Japanese luxury marque
The automaker issued a brief statement on the decision Friday and said, “Lexus has respectfully postponed the world premiere of the new IS, which was originally scheduled for June 9. Revised timing will be announced soon.”
The decision to postpone the reveal follows a statement from Lexus’ parent company, Toyota, on Wednesday. The automaker joined countless other companies voicing support for the black community following Floyd’s death. Toyota went further to denounce “unacceptable bigotry and a lack of education around the COVID-19 virus to more recent societal issues of violence, killings and racism against African Americans in Minnesota, Kentucky, Georgia and elsewhere.”
“We stand behind our commitment to diversity and inclusion,” the statement added.
Floyd died on May 25 after a Minneapolis police officer knelt on his neck for 8 minutes and 46 seconds. Masshave continued since.
2020 Lexus IS 350 F Sport Blackline Edition dims the lights with black elements
- Ubisoft gives players Watch Dogs 2 for free after game giveaway glitch
- Ubisoft Forward game event won’t address sexual harassment issues company’s facing
- Ubisoft Forward’s game giveaway glitched
- The hard-to-find Oculus Quest is back in stock at Amazon, Oculus and elsewhere
- UFC 251 Usman vs. Masvidal: How to watch online and full fight card
- Galaxy Note 20: All the most compelling rumors and juiciest leaks so far
- iPhone 11 vs. iPhone XS: The age-old question of whether it’s time to upgrade
- UFC 251 Usman vs. Masvidal: Start time, how to watch online and full fight card
- UFC 251 Usman vs. Masvidal: Start time, how to watch or stream online, and full fight card