The‘s run isn’t over yet folks, and on Friday the automaker showed there’s life left in the Blue Oval’s supercar.
A quick teaser video, embedded above, shows the 1966 GT40 doing its best Pokemon evolution impression before the last few seconds show the 2021 Ford GT Heritage Edition — ever so briefly.
What happened in 1966 with the? The race car took home its first victory at that year’s Daytona 24 Hour Continental race. It looks like the GT Heritage Edition will sport the race car’s no. 98 with a throwback livery design to dial up the nostalgia, but that’s about all we can make out for now.
The special supercar will debut this Sunday at the‘s Car Week in LA, and we can’t wait to see all the retro goodness in the metal.
2020 Ford GT gets an all-carbon-fiber look, updated retro livery
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing