Chinese automakers have a pretty strong track record of, let’s be honest, totally copying other automakers’ designs. We’ve seen knockoff Porsches, Land Rovers,and so many more, but it looks like the is the latest, er, inspiration.
The teaser photos, posted by car journalist Greg Kable on Twitter, depict the upcoming Wey P01. Does it look familiar? It sure looks like the big, boxy SUV Ford just rolled out earlier this week. Even the LED signatures in the headlights look pretty close, except they’re mirrored the opposite way. The retro-looking round headlights don’t help differentiate the two SUVs, either. The rear profiles are pretty spot on, though the Wey does get some different LED taillights, compared to the Bronco.
Note, we have no idea if it was just Wey doing its thing and it just happened to pen an SUV that looks a lot like the, or if it did see some renderings and decided it wanted to flatter Ford. Wey’s a rather new brand from Great Wall Motors in China and only came about in 2016, so the Bronco and P01 definitely overlap within the timeframe.
There’s no word on what kind ofthe P01 will have, but it will need to hit the gym if it plans to out-flex the Bronco. Then again, the P01 won’t be for America.
Great Wall Motors did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing