Those shopping for awill find the truck’s a little more expensive than the previous model year, as in, about $4,000 more expensive.
Chevy didn’t just go ahead and jack up the price for no reason, though. Instead, the price increase goes into effect because the current base model will head into retirement. Cars Direct first reported on the trim shuffling last Friday, which sees the base extended cab model ride off into the sunset. It gave buyers a chance to step into a for $22,395 after a destination charge. Now, the cheapest Colorado will be $26,395.
That’ll net buyers an extended-cab Work Truck model with more comforts. As the original report mentioned, buyers often had rebates and incentives at their disposal to help knock the higher price down to the base model’s level. More equipment for less money is always a winning proposition. Chevy told the publication the outgoing base model often wasn’t stocked at dealers. So, basically, it was more of marketing tool than anything. The company didn’t immediately return Roadshow’s request for comment.
The extended-cab Work Truck, meanwhile, gets a $500 price increase over the 2020 model. The destination fee climbs $100 to $1,195 total and the MSRP itself is now $400 more. This year, shoppers will also find the midsize pickup has refreshed looks to pull it closer in line with the full-size Silverado 1500.
- Colleges That Require Coronavirus Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Colleges That Require Virus-Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Gender Equality in Tech (GET) Cities Expands to DC to Diversify the Tech Ecosystem – Yahoo Finance
- Turkey Widens War Tech Hunt by Tapping Pakistan’s China Ties – Bloomberg
- Tech recruiting lessons in the Covid-19 era – Information Age
- Virtual tech event highlights local STEM professionals during WHAT I CAN BE! Tech Career Showcase – Herald-Mail Media
- Accenture’s Tech Push Makes It World’s Most Acquisitive Company – Bloomberg
- Tech Hosts Duke for Senior Night – Men’s Basketball — Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets – Georgia Tech Official Athletic Site
- No. 22/19 Tech set for final home game, takes on Cards – VT hokiesports.com