Join KCET on Sunday nights for new science and nature programming coming your way! Traverse with Martin Clunes along America’s stunning coasts in “Islands of America,” discover the monumental scale of Earth’s largest ocean in “South Pacific,” and explore science and technological pursuits beyond the headlines with the premier science series “NOVA.”
See airing times for these programs below.
Martin Clunes’ Islands of America
Sundays, 8 p.m. on KCET
Martin Clunes (“Doc Martin,” “Manhunt”) is a “lovable travel companion” in this fun and informative voyage around America’s amazing coasts. From Hawaii’s volcanoes to California’s seal colonies, salsa dancing in Puerto Rico to wild ponies swimming in Virginia, this delightful travelogue offers stunning, diverse landscapes; incredible wildlife encounters; and insightful commentary.
Sundays, 9 p.m. on KCET
This landmark series explores the sheer scale and majesty of the largest ocean on Earth, the isolation of its islands, the extraordinary journeys wildlife and humans have gone through to reach these specks of land, and what happened to both after their arrival. Beyond cliched images of swaying palms and idyllic beaches, this is the real, immense and surprising South Pacific.
Sundays, 10 p.m. on KCET
PBS’ premier science series helps viewers of all ages explore the science behind the headlines. Along the way, NOVA programs demystify science and technology and highlight the people involved in scientific pursuits.
- Substantial undocumented infection facilitates the rapid dissemination of novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) – Science Magazine
- England coronavirus testing has not risen fast enough – science chief – The Guardian
- Coronavirus Tests Science’s Need for Speed Limits – The New York Times
- Trump Falsely Distorts New York Times COVID-19 Science Story – FactCheck.org
- This is the brightest supernova ever seen – Science Magazine
- Coronavirus Today: Science will save us – Los Angeles Times
- Italians stuck at home are measuring light pollution for ‘science on the balcony’ – TechCrunch
- ‘Oumuamua might be a shard of a broken planet – Science News
- College of Arts and Science converts thriving academic programs to departments – Vanderbilt University News