Intelligent.com ranked Loyola University Maryland’s data science program among its list of “Top 50 Master’s in Data Science Degree Programs for 2021.” Loyola, which was ranked No. 48 of the schools selected for the list, also received recognition for having the “Best Micro-Credential Program” in the ranking.
Loyola’s online M.S. in Data Science offers two possible specializations that may be completed in 31 or 34 credits. All students complete the data science core courses, which include courses in statistics, business, and computer science. A student can also take three courses and earn a micro-credential in Analytics or Data Science.
“Loyola’s data science program seeks to develop ethical data scientists while providing a solid technical foundation,” said Christopher Morrell, Ph.D., director of the data science master’s program and professor of mathematics and statistics. “There is a massive demand for people with training in data science in this region, and we hope to provide organizations with well-prepared employees.”
The ranking evaluated 167 accredited colleges and universities across the United States based on curriculum quality, graduation rate, reputation, and post-graduate employment. Each institution was given a score between 0 to 100 based on student engagement and potential return on investment and leading third-party evaluations. Loyola received a score of 68.02.
View for the full list of institutions ranked by Intelligent.com.
Website of source
- Finding my online voice – Science
- 6 tips to help you detect fake science news – The Washington Post
- Quest to land humans on Mars heats up and 5 other top space and science stories this week – CNN
- A new book explores how military funding shaped the science of oceanography – Science News Magazine
- A new guide for communicating plant science – EurekAlert
- Can science help people make decisions? – National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine
- Dublin school opens much-anticipated new science, engineering building – The Mercury News
- Wearable sensors that detect gas leaks – EurekAlert
- New York state ends stem cell research funding – Science Magazine