Carnegie Science Center is sponsoring an upcoming science fair as well as offering a unique online presentation this upcoming week.
First, over 400 local students in 6th through 12th grades will participate in a virtual Pittsburgh Regional Science and Engineering Fair on Wednesday. Students will present research projects in the areas of science, math, and engineering through video conference. Winners of scholarships and cash prizes will be announced on Thursday.
Then, beginning Wednesday at 11 a.m. the Science Center will kick off a new series of Facebook Live events focusing on gardening and healthy eating. The first presentation of the Lettuce Grow Together program will talk about worms and composting. These events will also be available on the Center’s Youtube page following the livestream.
Website of source
- Finding my online voice – Science
- 6 tips to help you detect fake science news – The Washington Post
- Quest to land humans on Mars heats up and 5 other top space and science stories this week – CNN
- A new book explores how military funding shaped the science of oceanography – Science News Magazine
- A new guide for communicating plant science – EurekAlert
- Can science help people make decisions? – National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine
- Dublin school opens much-anticipated new science, engineering building – The Mercury News
- Wearable sensors that detect gas leaks – EurekAlert
- New York state ends stem cell research funding – Science Magazine