Racing into the No. 1 slot on our list of the top five Cars.com videos of the week is our head-to-head matchup of the 2019 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack 1320 and the 2018 Ford Mustang GT. Both cars bring plenty to the drag strip — but which will come out on top?
Related: More Expert Car Reviews
This Challenger is built for drag-racing, and is even named after the 1,320 feet in the quarter-mile Dodge claims it can do in 11.7 seconds. It comes to the track with a naturally aspirated 6.4-liter Hemi V-8 that puts out 485 horsepower and makes it a pretty tough competitor.
“Do you really need a single-seater, drag-special, limited-edition Challenger to go 11 seconds in the quarter mile?” asks Cars.com reviewer Joe Bruzek.
Perhaps you don’t. While the Mustang’s 5.0-liter V-8 generates only 460 hp, it’s still a lighter car than the Challenger. And in the past, we’ve done an 11.9-second run in this very same Mustang, so it shouldn’t be counted out in this competition.
Which car had the fastest quarter-mile in the end? Check out the full video via the link below for the results.
In reviews this week, the 2020 Toyota Supra finds itself at the top of the list, up from fifth place last week. No. 2 is our ever-popular review of the 2019 Subaru Crosstrek Hybrid. The once-king 2020 Kia Telluride has fallen during the last few weeks and now sits in third place. Following that is another Subaru SUV — this time the 2019 Forester. And finally, still clinging to the list at No. 5, is the 2019 Volkswagen Tiguan.
Here are the top five reviews and videos of the week:
Top 5 Reviews
Top 5 Videos
Cars.com’s Editorial department is your source for automotive news and reviews. In line with Cars.com’s long-standing ethics policy, editors and reviewers don’t accept gifts or free trips from automakers. The Editorial department is independent of Cars.com’s advertising, sales and sponsored content departments.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing