Top 10 Diners in St. Louis, MO Serving Comfort Food
St. Louis, MO (STL.News) – While most consumers love fine dining, still some appreciate the best diners that offers comfort food, not award-winning cuisines. St. Louis is full of great award-winning restaurants, but the everyday diner type of restaurants should not be overlooked. Some of these establishments have been in business for years offering comfort food on a daily basis. While the atmosphere may not compare to an award-winning Italian restaurant, most consumers do not care if the quality of comfort food satisfy their desire for “comfort”.
What defines a diner? Typically, diners offer a wide choice of foods, most American type cuisine and a casual atmosphere with booths and a counter. Diners date back to 1872 and have played a significant role in American culture.
Comfort food may include everything from Biscuits and Gravy to meat loaf. One thing you can be certain of is that these restaurants are about nothing but quality of food and service. Decor might not meet the standards of many, but for some, like me, that doesn’t matter.
As fewer consumers eat at home, the need for comfort food, especially for older consumers appear to be rising. My favorite diner meal is breakfast. It might be considered to be health food, but it is definitely “comfort food” reminding me of my grandmother and mother’s cooking. Something that was taken for granted.
As always our reviews and ratings are based on consumer comments and ratings. Our opinion does not count. These establishments did not pay for their rankings. These establishments was not aware of our intent to publish the article.
The Top 10 Diners in St. Louis, Missouri are:
- Southwest Diner – Rated 4.5 Stars with more than 150 online reviews. Rated 21 out of 2413 restaurants in St. Louis. Located at 6803 Southwest Avenue, St. Louis, MO. Phone (314) 260-7244
- Chili Mac’s Diner – Rated 4.5 Star with more than 170 online reviews. Rated 81 out of 2413 restaurants in St. Louis. Located at 510 Pine Street, St. Louis, MO. Phone (314) 421-9040
- Kingside Diner – Rated 4.5 Stars with more than 100 online reviews. Rated 79 out of 2413 restaurants in St. Louis, MO. Located at 4651 Maryland Avenue, St. Louis, MO. Call (314) 454-3957
- White Knight Diner – Rated 4.5 Stars with more than 60 online reviews. Rated 210 out of 2413 restaurants in St. Louis, MO. Located at 1801 Olive Street, St. Louis, MO. Call (314) 621-5949
- Spencer’s Grill – Rated 4.5 Stars with more than 60 online Reviews. Rated 215 out of 2413 restaurants in St. Louis, MO. Located at 233 South Kirkwood Road, St. Louis, MO. Phone (314) 821-2601
- Florissant City Diner – Rated 4.5 Starts with more than 60 online reviews. Rated 4 out of 163 restaurants in Florissant, MO. Located at 1060 Rue Saint Francois Street, St. Louis, MO. Call (314) 831-4375
- Eat-Rite Diner – Rated 4 Stars with 70 online reviews. They are rated 329 out of 2413 restaurants in St. Louis, MO. Located at 622 Chouteau Avenue, St. Louis, MO. Call (314) 621-9621
- Connelly’s Goody-goody Diner – Rated 4.5 Stars with more than 65 online reviews. They are rated 245 out of 2413 restaurants in St. Louis, MO. Located at 5900 Natural Bridge Avenue, St. Louis, MO. Call (314) 583-2439
- Olivette Diner – Rated 4.5 Stars with more than 45 online reviews. They are rated 380 out of 2413 restaurants in St. Louis, MO. Located at 9638 Olive Blvd, St. Louis, MO. Call (314) 995-9945
- Hilary’s Roadhouse Diner – Rated 4 Stars with more than 35 online reviews. They are rated 10 out of 54 restaurants in Maryland Heights, MO. Located at 11488 Dorsett Rd, Maryland Heights, MO. Call (314) 291-0599
There are many diners in the St. Louis region that deserve your attention. The diners listed have satisfied enough customers for them to post online reviews to bring this attention to their establishments.
While Chili Mac’s Diner is rated #2, it has more reviews than Southwest Diner who is rated #1. Both deserve consideration, but my point is not to overlook the number of reviews. Don’t focus on just the rating because they are all 4 or 4.5 Stars.
Additional special mentions are:
- Breakfast & Burger House
- Courtesy Diner
- Courtesy Diner #2
- The Diner
- [LLODO] Possible tornado moves toward Florida capital
- [LLODO] Colorado woman accused of murder-for-hire plot had violent past with child, estranged husband: affidavit
- [LLODO] Utah deputies shot in the head during shootout outside jail
- [LLODO] Severe storm damages buildings in Florida Panhandle
- [LLODO] Los Angeles mother arrested after three toddlers found stabbed to death
- [LLODO] New Hampshire track coach fired for refusing to make athletes wear masks speaks out on ‘Tucker’
- [LLODO] Cuomo’s ‘New York Tough’ slogan seems mocked as ‘NY Touch’ in light display
- [LLODO] 11 suspects arrested in connection to Maryland child porn crimes