PETALING JAYA: Technology players Malaysian Pacific Industries Bhd (MPI) and Inari Amertron Bhd have reported lower earnings for the second quarter of their financial year ending June 30, 2019 (2Q19), amid reports of a sharp decline in global smartphone sales.
During the quarter in review, MPI saw its net profit falling 4.8% to RM39.2mil from RM41.2mil in the previous corresponding quarter. Consequently, the group’s earnings per share (EPS) fell to 20.64 sen from 21.69 sen previously.
- [LLODO] Chicago braces for release of video in Adam Toledo’s shooting death
- [LLODO] LIVE UPDATES: Derek Chauvin’s defense could rest case
- [LLODO] NYC GOP mayoral candidate Curtis Sliwa pledges to ‘refund the police’
- [LLODO] Maryland police report being shot at after responding to call, manhunt underway
- [LLODO] AOC-linked group backs ‘Defund the Police’ advocate in NY primary
- [LLODO] Albany police station attacked by anti-police rioters throwing bottles at officers
- [LLODO] NYC school holding event on ‘raising our babies to value anti-racism’
- [LLODO] New York county top cop Geraldine Hart, first woman to lead the department, to step down