Squarespace: The Good
We give Squarespace a four star rating, and as you’d expect, there’s plenty to like about it.
One of the most important requirements of an ecommerce platform is good product management, and Squarespace’s system is excellent.
Adding and editing products sold on your store is straightforward. In fact, you can get a product onto your site with just a few clicks. However, you can still add lots of detail to your products, from custom stock keeping units to sizing and weight options.
All this will make it easier to manage your products and inventory further down the line, without it seeming overly laborious for small or new businesses.
Squarespace offers some of, if not the best website and online store templates on the market. While it only offers 91 templates, fewer than some of its competitors, all of Squarespace’s templates look great and function excellently whether on desktop, tablet or mobile.
Many follow quite a minimalist design style, but given that your products should be the focus, this isn’t such a bad thing. Moreover, the kind of minimalist, flat design templates offered by Squarespace are very much en vogue in the world of websites, and this will reflect well on your business.
Squarespace will let you sell a variety of different products on your site, including digital downloads or software, services and gift cards. This makes it a great choice for a variety of businesses, especially those which offer different types of product.
While most other dedicated ecommerce platforms will let you sell these different product types, few make it as easy as Squarespace.
Squarespace also has an unparalleled amount of website features which can help make your customers’ experiences as painless as possible.
For example, returning customers can make use of a password-protected area. Or, you could make use of the builder’s excellent blogging platform, which can help you keep existing customers up-to-date while attracting new ones. In short, Squarespace offers you the ability to create a more fully-featured website than its rival ecommerce platforms, which focus more on the operational side of selling.
- DNC, RNC to test limits of virtual events as election enters final stage
- 2018 Cadillac CT6 owners get extended Super Cruise trial, report says
- Fortnite banned by Apple and Google: Everything you need to know
- Ted Lasso on Apple TV Plus: You don’t need to love soccer to love this comedy
- iPhone or Android? Your phone choice could be impacting your dating life
- Helter Skelter: An American Myth director Lesley Chilcott reveals the true Charles Manson
- 2021 Ford GT looks back on vintage endurance racing for Heritage Edition
- Get two free games worth $50 from Epic this week
- USPS is warning election officials that mail-in ballots may not arrive on time