Shopify starts with a 14-day free trial, during which you’ll be able to set up the basics of your site, including its design and first products. However, you won’t actually be able to sell any products, as your site will remain password protected until you pick one of the three plans on offer.
One thing to bear in mind is that Shopify is typically more expensive than its rivals, such as BigCommerce and Volusion. However, as having the best site will help you make more money, we think it’s worth the extra outlay.
This is the cheapest plan on offer and starts from $29 per month. However, you can also choose to pay for one, two or three years instead of month-to-month. Paying for a year upfront will save you $36, while three years in advance will save you a whopping $261.
With Basic Shopify, you’ll miss out on some features, but nothing major. For example, you won’t be able to issue gift cards, or have third-party calculated shipping rates. Your online and in-person credit card rates will also be marginally higher than on the more expensive packages.
One thing to bear in mind is that you’ll be limited to just two staff accounts, so make sure this is enough for your business.
This is the middle package, costing $79 per month. You’ll be able to sell gift cards, and your credit card rates will drop from 2.9% online and 2.7% in-person with Basic Shopify to 2.6% and 2.5%, respectively.
You’ll also receive more favorable shipping discounts from USPS, UPS or DHL Express – these can be as high as 72%, compared to the 64% offered on the basic plan.
However, the big advantage over Basic Shopify is in the point of sale functions. You’ll be able to manage register shifts, which will help you balance the cash in your tills on a regular basis, and make sure any staff you employ are held accountable for the cash they handle. It also offers support for barcode scanners, receipt and label printers, cash drawers, and even retail cameras.
If you’re selling stuff in-store as well as online, Shopify is the package for you.
The top-of-the-line package costs $299 per month, and gives you the most favorable rates, discounts and a load of extra features.
For example, you’ll get advanced reporting, third-party calculated shipping rates, up to 74% discounts on shipping, support for unlimited Shopify point-of-sale staff logins, and support for third-party POS apps.
It’s expensive, but if you’re fortunate enough to be running a successful business, Advanced Shopify has all the features you need.
- [LLODO] Florida authorities investigate tractor-trailer explosion near a Walmart
- [LLODO] North Carolina sheriff’s deputy shot after armed suspect’s gun unintentionally discharges, officials say
- [LLODO] ‘Porch pirate’ in Amazon driver garb steals packages from Virginia stoop
- [LLODO] Two Florida children are dead after car crashes into canal
- [LLODO] New DOJ rules could allow firing squads, electrocution, poisonous gas for executions
- [LLODO] Los Angeles County issues safer-at-home order that starts Nov. 30
- [LLODO] Newlyweds killed in car crash on honeymoon to Florida Keys
- [LLODO] Fire burns 3 Massachusetts homes, may be caused by exploding deep-fried turkey
- [LLODO] John Yoo: Supreme Court rejection of Cuomo’s COVID restrictions on worship upholds religious liberty