Australian comedian Hannah Gadsby, who gained international acclaim with her Netflix comedy special, Nanette (which Gadsby had previously performed in New York City), is back Off-Broadway with her newest solo show: Douglas. Named after her dog, the show weaves comedy and drama to examine art history, trauma, the patriarchy, and much more.
Douglas, which began performances at the Daryl Roth Theater July 23, has been extended a second time, through September 7 (the show was previously extended through August 24).
Read reviews for the Off-Broadway premiere below. Check back for updates.
Douglas is written and performed by Gadsby. The show had its world premiere in Australia, followed by a U.S. tour that launched in San Francisco in April. The American premiere is presented by WestBeth Entertainment.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing