The Porsche Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid Sport Turismo is a monster of a machine and its 680 horsepower will humble most supercars. After all, it out-muscles the Ferrari 488 GTB, Lamborghini Huracan, McLaren 570s, Audi R8 V10 Plus, Nissan GT-R, and Acura/Honda NSX.
In fact, it’s got 100 more horsepower than the legendary Porsche 911 Turbo S.
The 550 horsepower twin-turbo V8 is a jewel. It delivers effortless power all-day everyday. There’s no lag to speak off which means its copious output is always at your beck and call.
In most cases, electric motors equal more immediate acceleration. There are few sensations behind the wheel as memorable as the jolt of instant electric motor torque. Those who have floored it in a Tesla know immediately what I’m talking about.
You don’t really get that here.
I’m not saying the Turbo S E-Hybrid isn’t fast. It’s insanely fast. It just doesn’t feel any faster than the non-hybrid Turbo Panamera.
That’s because the 130 horsepower gain from the hybrid drive system is effectively wiped out by the 600 pounds in added weight.
Plus, the beefy V8 is the main event as far as the Porsche powertrain is concerned. If breakneck all-electric acceleration is what you want, go buy a Tesla Model S P100D for $150,000 and save yourself a ton of cash.
- [LLODO] Cuomo was ‘trying to sleep with me,’ 25-year-old accuser claims in TV interview
- [LLODO] Florida snorkeler finds $1.5 million worth of cocaine
- [LLODO] NYC sees 75% jump in February shootings; de Blasio insists: ‘We are the safest big city in America’
- [LLODO] National weather forecast: Rain, thunderstorms coming to the Southeast, snow for Northwest
- [LLODO] Virginia man accused of shooting guard at Social Security building dies
- [LLODO] Body believed to be missing Kentucky man found in Grand Canyon
- [LLODO] Missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew’s home sells for $1.6M nearly 10 months after disappearance
- [LLODO] Who is NASA astronaut Kate Rubins?