Employees of Ellwood City (Pa.) Hospital, which has been facing financial challenges for months, said the hospital failed to pay them or that their checks from the institution bounced during the past few days, according to the Ellwood City Ledger.
Here are three things to know:
1. Grant White, CEO of Fort Lauderdale, Fla.-based Americore Health, which owns and manages Ellwood City Hospital, said Sept. 18 the payment issue was the result of a technology glitch that has since been resolved.
“Everyone has been paid current. It is an unfortunate thing to have happen,” Mr. White said, adding that the issue “has nothing to do with the state of the hospital in any shape or form. The hospital is self-sufficient.”
2. Mr. Grant told the publication an issue stemmed from an internal wiring of money from an account that did not go through. Once hospital officials determined the cause, the issue was fixed and the deposits were made. He also added the issue is not uncommon for a health system.
3. Ellwood City Hospital has faced numerous financial challenges during the past few months. Last fall, about 25 percent of the institution’s employees were laid off after the hospital struggled to make payroll.
To access the full report, click here.
More articles on health IT:
Booz Allen Hamilton hiring for help with VA’s Cerner rollout
ONC seeks a nurse informaticist
16 hospitals, health systems seeking Allscripts, Cerner, Epic, Meditech talent
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2018. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- [LLODO] Suspect swipes CBS News van in NYC, goes on dangerous joyride
- [LLODO] Delaware ex-day care worker pleads guilty to murder for suffocating 4-month old, abusing others
- [LLODO] 4 suspected MS-13 gang members stopped after NYC police see them lugging blanket-wrapped body to car: sources
- [LLODO] NYC GOP mayoral candidate Curtis Sliwa pledges to ‘refund the police’
- [LLODO] AOC-linked group backs ‘Defund the Police’ advocate in NY primary
- [LLODO] LIVE UPDATES: Derek Chauvin murder trial continues Wednesday
- [LLODO] Capitol riot: IG to testify before Congress over blistering watchdog report on Jan. 6 security failures
- [LLODO] Maryland police report being shot at after responding to call, manhunt underway