NEW YORK (AP) — The latest on developments in financial markets (all times local):
U.S. stocks are rising in midday trading on Wall Street as technology stocks recover some of the big losses they took over the last month.
Companies including CVS Health are rising Tuesday after releasing strong third quarter reports. CVS added 4.3 percent and Booking Holdings, the parent company of Priceline.com, rose 4.6 percent.
Rental car company Avis Budget Group sank 5.1 percent after its earnings and sales fell short of forecasts.
The S&P 500 index rose 8 points, or 0.3 percent to 2,747.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 110 points, or 0.4 percent, to 25,571. The Nasdaq composite rose 29 points, or 0.4 percent, to 7,359.
Bond prices fell. The yield on the 10-year Treasury rose to 3.21 percent.
Stocks are edging higher in early trading on Wall Street as technology companies rise and several companies gain after reporting higher earnings.
CVS Health rose 2 percent Tuesday after reporting results that beat analysts’ forecasts.
Booking Holdings, the parent company of Priceline.com, rose 6.7 percent.
Rental car company Avis Budget Group sank 9.4 percent after its earnings and sales fell short of forecasts.
The S&P 500 index rose 6 points, or 0.2 percent to 2,745.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 53 points, or 0.2 percent, to 25,520. The Nasdaq composite rose 50 points, or 0.7 percent, to 7,377.
Bond prices fell. The yield on the 10-year Treasury rose to 3.20 percent.
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- [LLODO] Michigan state Dem pepper-sprayed, charged with DUI, resisting arrest, weapons possession: report
- [LLODO] Head of NYC’s posh Dalton School leaving at the end of 2021
- [LLODO] Chilling video captures moment a love triangle erupts in murder, revenge in NYC
- [LLODO] NYPD officers hit with Molotov cocktail and liquid chemical in face, police say
- [LLODO] California group files federal civil rights complaint over San Diego school district’s ‘racist’ teachings
- [LLODO] Podcast helped in hunt for 1996 killer of California student
- [LLODO] National weather forecast: Parts of Northeast could see more than a foot of snow
- [LLODO] Cuomo boasts he ‘invented’ NYS-scented hand sanitizer, faces no questions over scandals
- [LLODO] Teacher who decried NYC school’s ‘indoctrination’ put on remote work: ‘Feels like punishment’