Currently, when you view hotel reviews in Google, you get Google reviews but you also get this neat filters to show you if you’d like the hotel based on the type of trip you are going on (i.e. pleasure, family, business, etc). This data is provided by TrustYou. But Google is now asking searchers those specific questions directly, which may imply Google is looking to drop TrustYou as a data provider. Just like they did with all the other local reviews over time.
Here is an image showing the data for these hotel reviews, in this format, come from TrustYou:
Tim Capper posted screen shots on Twitter of him being asked questions by Google that would fill in these answers without having to license the data from TrustYou. Tim said “Users being asked to segment their hotel reviews by the nature of the trip and additional reviews by rooms, service and location. Could they be looking to dump TrustYou as a 3rd party provider …. I do hope so.”
Here are those screen shots:
It makes sense and I doubt this would surprise anyone in the local space or even TrustYou.
Forum discussion at Twitter.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing