Virginia Tech expects to sign all but one of its 19 orally-committed prospects today when the NCAA’s early signing period for college football opens.
Tech’s expected 2019 class includes five four-star prospects, including L.C. Bird athlete Jaden Payoute and Virginia Beach’s Tayvion Robinson.
Payoute and Manchester three-star guard William Pritchard give Tech, which signed just one Richmond-area player in the past three classes, two 804 prospects this time around.
A third Richmond-area prospect, Henrico three-star athlete Jahad Carter, won’t sign until February as he works through some academic issues, his coach told the Richmond Times-Dispatch.
Going into Wednesday’s opening of the early signing period, the Hokies’ class ranked No. 29 in the nation and fourth in the ACC, behind Clemson, Florida State and North Carolina State.
Third-year coach Justin Fuente’s fourth signing class also brings in help at the running back position, with four-star Florida native Keshawn King and three-star prospect Tahj Gary from Atlanta.
The Hokies added some size to the class over the past week with the addition of Woodbridge three-star defensive tackle Joshua Fuga and a pair of junior college transfers in outside linebacker Amare Barno and defensive tackle Dashawn Crawford.
Tech does not have a player recruited as a quarterback in this class.
- [LLODO] FDA warns against using head lice drug ivermectin to treat coronavirus
- [LLODO] San Francisco district to reopen after putting school name backlash to rest
- [LLODO] Despite palace fears, Meghan Markle has only ‘kind words’ for Kate Middleton in Oprah interview
- [LLODO] Bowling Green sophomore’s organs will be donated following alcohol-related hazing incident
- [LLODO] Florida man accused of murdering wife after telling police she is ‘swimming with the fishes’
- [LLODO] Portland Public Schools headquarters targeted in arson attack, suspected BLM-Antifa graffiti messages found
- [LLODO] Capitol rioter accused of assaulting cops with chemical spray served as Marine, to remain jailed before trial
- [LLODO] Cuomo accuser Lindsey Boylan reacts to newest allegations: ‘Resign you disgusting monster’