BigCommerce: The Good
BigCommerce scores an impressive 4 stars in our rigorous user testing, and as you’d expect, it has plenty of great features.
BigCommerce doesn’t scrimp when it comes to the details of running an online store. While you only need to provide the name, price and weight of a product when adding it to your store, there are a host of other options to choose. These options span everything from bulk buying discounts to individual product SEO options, to where each product is stored in your warehouse.
This level of detail is consistent across the platform, and while it might seem like a hassle at first, the more you utilize this opportunity for detail, the more you’ll get out of BigCommerce. It also helps make BigCommerce a platform which can elegantly scale with your business.
BigCommerce is probably the most fully-featured ecommerce platform out-of-the-box. You’ll find features such as product reviews and coupon codes ready to go – by contrast, with some rivals, you’d have seek out and install an app yourself to get these features.
Moreover, BigCommerce comes with several sales channels set up and ready to go, including Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest. While it’s not exactly plug-and-play, thanks to its focus on detail, you’ll spend far less time searching around to find the features you need.
One of BigCommerce’s most impressive features is the way it manages to integrate a wide range of sales channels into its platform.
We’ve already mentioned its integration with social media platforms. But, it’ll also accommodate sales from Amazon and eBay along with real world sales.
What’s more, you’ll be able to use any payment service you want – ideal if your business is already up-and-running.
No transaction fees
That’s right, if you sell a product on BigCommerce, the platform won’t take a cut.
This means that you won’t find any nasty surprises on your monthly bill.
If you sell a product on BigCommerce, the platform won’t take a cut.
On paper, this doesn’t sound like a big deal, but rivals – including Shopify – will charge a transaction fee regardless of how much you pay every month.
You’re also free to use any payment system, which is ideal if you’re setting up a site for a pre-existing business.
It’s not all good news, though, as BigCommerce will limit the value of annual online sales you can make. For example, on its cheapest plan, you’ll be limited to $50k in sales.
Along with its impressive roster of built-in features, BigCommerce also has a sizable app store. Offering over 600 apps, you’ll be able to find everything from accounting platforms such as Quickbooks to live chat sales support.
So, should you find BigCommerce lacking in one critical area, it’s likely that as Apple adverts used to say, “there’s an app for that”.
- [LLODO] Southwest Airlines donates 7,500 free flights for those in need of medical care
- [LLODO] California Gov. Newsom sued by student-athletes over indoor sports ban: ‘We’re all just isolated’
- [LLODO] Sen. Mike Crapo: Democrats’ $1.9 trillion COVID relief bill deserves debate. Let’s get this right
- [LLODO] Colorado man arrested in 1982 cold-case murders of 2 women last seen hitchhiking near Rocky Mountains
- [LLODO] South Carolina adds firing squad to list of execution methods
- [LLODO] California crash near Camp Pendleton kills Navy Seabee, leaves 5 others hurt: reports
- [LLODO] Deadly California crash involving 25 immigrants jammed in SUV probed as human smuggling: ICE
- [LLODO] US troops targeted in Iraq less than week after Biden airstrikes