Tampa, Fla.-based Shriners Hospitals for Children repurposed its telehealth technology to allow pediatric patients at four of its facilities to video chat with an off-site “Santa Claus” earlier this month.
Shriners Hospitals for Children partnered with its technology services and solutions provider Dimension Data to connect pediatric patients in Chicago, Philadelphia, Greenville, S.C., and Spokane, Wash., with Santa Claus Dec. 11-12.
The high-definition video cameras and large screens patients used to video chat with Santa Claus are the same technology medical professionals at the health system use to consult with patients at off-site locations throughout the year.
“Telehealth services can help bring the magic of the holidays and modern medicine to people who may not otherwise be able to experience either,” said Mitchell Hershkowitz, go-to-market executive of digital workplace at Dimension Data Americas.
More articles on telehealth:
Underserved populations use telehealth least, study finds
Telehealth: Law firm outlines 3 drivers, 2 barriers going into 2019
Microsoft’s president hints at telemedicine in program tackling ‘broadband gap’
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2018. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- [LLODO] Pennsylvania Hospital patient stabs doctor in head, face while being treated
- [LLODO] Army’s revised grooming standards loosen up hairstyle regulations, allow for earrings
- [LLODO] DOJ calls new witnesses, revives investigation into George Floyd death
- [LLODO] Tennessee GOP lawmakers urge universities to restrict protests during anthem after ETSU uproar
- [LLODO] Cases of rare coronavirus-linked inflammatory illness in children reported in Virginia: officials
- [LLODO] West Virginia bill would ban agencies from touting ‘divisive’ concepts, like US is ‘fundamentally racist’
- [LLODO] USS Bonhomme Richard, Navy assault ship damaged by fire, should be sunk, lawmakers say
- [LLODO] Oklahoma teen found after going missing Monday night in same county his mom vanished from five years ago