Brian Boyle was picked up in January 2019 from the New Jersey Devils as a rental. Boyle had a better time in Nashville than other trade acquisitions, but the 2019 offseason didn’t offer Boyle any opportunity to stay with the Predators.
Season in Review
Boyle skated in 26 regular season games for Nashville, tallying 5 goals. He was shuffled around in the lineup and spent time on both the struggling power play and the penalty kill.
Check out his overview from hockeyviz.com here:
Boyle did his best to improve the power play in Nashville. He also shone as a representative for Nashville’s Hockey Fights Cancer night. His presence definitely improved a team looking for some kind of help on the power play, and Boyle served when called upon.
Brian Boyle had his appendix removed during the first round of the 2019 playoffs. He managed to suit up anyway, posting 2 assists in three games. That’s some motivation.
Trending Up or Down
Unfortunately, there is likely no place for Brian Boyle in Nashville’s lineup this season. He’s still looking for a contract elsewhere. The 34-year-old Boyle is a solid addition to any team’s lower six, so expect him to sign a contract before October. He’s no longer a young man, but Boyle’s massive frame and net-front presence could be exactly what a team is looking for.
Thank you for everything, Brian Boyle.
In the role he was asked to fill, Boyle performed as expected. Nashville is his sixth NHL club.
How would you grade Brian Boyle’s season in Nashville?
0 votes total
- Hands-on with iOS 14: We downloaded the public beta so you don’t have to
- This $20 Lodge cast iron grill pan makes perfect steak and burgers
- iPhone SE vs. 11 Pro: Here’s how much of a difference $600 makes
- Wireless earbuds under $50: Forget AirPods and buy one of these cheaper pairs instead
- Nintendo Switch 2: Rumors, leaks and everything we want
- Tesla to nab $65M in tax breaks if it builds Cybertruck factory in Texas
- How to watch T-Mobile’s next ‘un-carrier’ event
- Walmart will soon require shoppers to wear masks
- 2021 Toyota Corolla Apex Edition is a sharp-looking, limited-edition sedan