Brian Boyle was picked up in January 2019 from the New Jersey Devils as a rental. Boyle had a better time in Nashville than other trade acquisitions, but the 2019 offseason didn’t offer Boyle any opportunity to stay with the Predators.
Season in Review
Boyle skated in 26 regular season games for Nashville, tallying 5 goals. He was shuffled around in the lineup and spent time on both the struggling power play and the penalty kill.
Check out his overview from hockeyviz.com here:
Boyle did his best to improve the power play in Nashville. He also shone as a representative for Nashville’s Hockey Fights Cancer night. His presence definitely improved a team looking for some kind of help on the power play, and Boyle served when called upon.
Brian Boyle had his appendix removed during the first round of the 2019 playoffs. He managed to suit up anyway, posting 2 assists in three games. That’s some motivation.
Trending Up or Down
Unfortunately, there is likely no place for Brian Boyle in Nashville’s lineup this season. He’s still looking for a contract elsewhere. The 34-year-old Boyle is a solid addition to any team’s lower six, so expect him to sign a contract before October. He’s no longer a young man, but Boyle’s massive frame and net-front presence could be exactly what a team is looking for.
Thank you for everything, Brian Boyle.
In the role he was asked to fill, Boyle performed as expected. Nashville is his sixth NHL club.
How would you grade Brian Boyle’s season in Nashville?
0 votes total
- Analysis | The Health 202: Los Angeles is racing to discover the true coronavirus infection rate – The Washington Post
- Coronavirus research done too fast is testing publishing safeguards, bad science is getting through – The Conversation US
- First Issue of AGU Advances Highlights Influential Science – Eos
- Three coronavirus pandemic questions that science hasn’t answered with certainty – Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists
- Sweet as: The science of how diet can change the way sugar tastes: Learning and tasting are controlled by the same molecules, animal studies show – Science Daily
- The Science Is Clear on How to Beat This Pandemic – The Nation
- OnePlus CEO teases ultrawide camera on OnePlus 8 Pro
- The Simpsons special short drops on Disney Plus tomorrow
- TikTok pledges $250 million in COVID-19 aid