Its a well known fact of life that if you are a regular keyboard user then you could be, at some stage in life, in for a doze of carpal tunnel syndrome (CTS), which is a “medical condition in which the median nerve is compressed at the wrist, leading to paresthesia, numbness and muscle weakness in the hand”. The quote is from Wikipedia.
What this means is that if you tend to type for long periods with little to no rest, you are potentially liable to become a sufferer of CTS. And if you have never had this, then you don’t want to have it either! Damage can be and often is permanent, even when surgery is undertaken.
Why Bluetooth technology?
This part of the article may arguably be better elsewhere but its relevant here too. Why Bluetooth and not simply go for infra-red capability? Bluetooth is now a universal standard for today’s computers, and its very easy to connect up various devices together, as we know. Infra-red however, runs on radio signals and the main problem there is that infra-red is old and somewhat outdated and its also very limited in range capacity.
The physical size
Those who require something smaller due to a cluttered desk or a smaller working area should obviously consider a smaller sized keyboard. Keyboards can actually take up a fair bit of space and add in the mouse and you do need a fair bit of room to play with.
There we have a few things you should be thinking about when purchasing a wireless Bluetooth keyboard with ergonomic layout. There are other things to consider that may be important to you. Take your time, ask around, get other people’s thoughts and experience and you will arm yourself with enough information to make the best buying decision.
1byone® Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard with Multi Touchpad, Wireless Touch Keyboard for Apple/ iPad Air 2 / Air, iPad mini 3 / mini 2 / mini, iPad 4 / 3 / 2, Windows, Mac OS, Linux, IOS/Android Tablet PC/ Galaxy Tabs& Smart Phone
- Built-in large touchpad with intuitive Windows 8 gesture support.
- Using the American broadcom bluetooth 3.0 chip, 8 times faster than the Bluetooth 2.0, high speed connection and signal distance up to 33ft (10m).
- Ultra slim design, easily stows in a backpack, messenger bag, or case. Ergonomic tilted design reduces wrist strain.
- QWERTY layout with hot keys, compatible with iOS /Mac OS, Android, Windows, and all bluetooth-enabled tablets, laptops, and computers.
- Built-in 280mA lithium battery, works for up to 4 months in standby mode without charging, with 90 hours continuous use.