I am constantly on Twitter trolling for content and conversations, and sometimes I surprise myself with the stuff that’s on there.
In my recent discovery, a clip of a very strange looking snail has surfaced with flashing green and orange horns. Mirror has reported that apparently the snail was “taken over by a parasitic flatworm”.
The video was uploaded by Twitter user Mike Inouye. It was captioned: “This zombie snail. A parasitic worm Leucochloridium has taken over its motor functions and eye stalks, making them into caterpillar mimics so birds will eat them. The worm can then reproduce in the bird’s GI tract, eventually transmitting via its faeces.”
From ‘horrifying’, ‘incredible’, and ‘disco snail’, Twitter users kept their comments flowing on the bizarre clip which has already got over seven-million views.
We sure do live in a weird and wonderful word.
Check it out below:
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing