We didn’t receive an official release date for Google’s Chrome OS Pixel Slate when it was announced in October, but regardless, preorders are now live on the Google Store and through Best Buy. The device starts at $599 on the Google Store and can be specced out at $1,599 for 256GB of storage and 16GB of RAM. Best Buy starts its pricing at $799 for 64GB of storage and 8GB of RAM. It also sells the fully specced version for $1,599. Best Buy lists the release date as November 22nd, and Google says the device will ship in the next two to three weeks. The Pixel Slate keyboard is already available to buy now through the Google Store for $199.
If you’ve forgotten what the Pixel Slate is all about: it features a 12.3-inch display with a resolution of 2000 x 3000 pixels. It marks the second time Google has launched its own tablet. The first — the Pixel C — ran Android and wasn’t optimized for those apps. The Pixel Slate runs Chrome OS, but it also supports Android apps, so you get it all in one device.
- [LLODO] Moped-riding Texas man with knife who entered White House grounds arrested
- [LLODO] California officers face protest while trying to oust alleged squatters from state-owned homes: report
- [LLODO] Kentucky restaurant donated $60K for employees amid indoor dining ban, says industry unfairly targeted
- [LLODO] Coronavirus delays national math, reading tests until 2022
- [LLODO] Las Vegas woman held illicit ‘vampire facial’ parties while posing as nurse
- [LLODO] Florida woman charged in machete attack wanted to be with victim’s wife: deputies
- [LLODO] Pentagon switches troops’ Thanksgiving meals to ‘grab-and-go’ takeout, halts dining hall feasts amid pandemic
- [LLODO] Calabasas suspect nabbed after 2 women shot in domestic violence incident in LA-area gated community
- [LLODO] Santa Ana winds on Thanksgiving cause wildfire concern for Southern California residents