Popular iOS app Yelp has today been updated with a notable addition: Apple Pay support. Bringing the app to version 11.25.0, the update lets users opt to pay with Apple Pay when booking with local businesses, restaurants, and more.
Spigen TEKA RA200 Airpods Earhooks Cover
For those unfamiliar, Yelp is a popular crowd-sourced application that makes it easy for users to quickly find nearby restaurants, events, shopping amenities, and more. The Yelp backend also supports reservations, booking, and more for participating businesses.
With Apple Pay support, users can now use their Apple Pay information to make it even easier to book. Apple Pay now appears as a payment option in the app, alongside standard options such as PayPal and debt/credit cards.
Yelp describes it like this:
Big news. You can now use Apple Pay to make purchases from local businesses on Yelp. So go ahead — book an oceanside couples massage, get tickets to that John Mayer concert, or get those lobster rolls delivered.
Subscribe to 9to5Mac on YouTube for more Apple news:
- [LLODO] Reporter’s Notebook: Chicago pastor turns gangsters’ lives around with stunning compassion
- [LLODO] Several arrested in NYC during Daniel Prude protest
- [LLODO] Ingraham: Democrats making ‘huge mistakes’ by ‘vilifying’ Manchin, propping up Neera Tanden
- [LLODO] Bucs’ Antoine Winfield Jr. turns taunting fine into donation to Tampa middle school
- [LLODO] DeSantis’ office says Rush Limbaugh flag tribute ignored by Palm Beach County in ‘petty’ move
- [LLODO] Biden’s 100-day deportation moratorium indefinitely banned by judge
- [LLODO] Widow of Texas congressman who died from COVID-19 to seek his former seat
- [LLODO] Arizona homeowners planting tree in backyard find buried duffel bag filled with guns: police