THE FLATS – Georgia Tech women’s basketball plays its final regular season road game on Thursday, visiting North Carolina for a 6 p.m. tip on ACC Network Extra. Tech has two regular season games remaining.
Georgia Tech (13-6, 11-5 ACC) looks to rebound from a difficult loss at Boston College and get back to winning ways in Carmichael Arena Thursday night. Nerea Hermosa posted her first collegiate double-double at Boston College and combined with Lorela Cubaj to secure 25 rebounds in the game. Three Yellow Jackets continue to average double-figure scoring numbers on the season led by Lotta-Maj Lahtinen with a 14.1 points per game average.
North Carolina (11-9, 6-9 ACC) has won three of its past four outings, but is most recently coming off an 82-63 loss at NC State. Janelle Bailey leads the Tar Heels, averaging 13.7 points and 7.8 rebounds per game. UNC boats a 9-3 overall record when competing at home, including a 4-3 mark against ACC opponents.
UNC has won three straight over the Jackets and leads the all-time series, 59-20. Tech was last victorious over the Tar Heels on Feb. 15, 2018 in Atlanta. The Jackets last picked up a victory in Chapel Hill in 2012.
Game Notes/Media Center
The Alexander-Tharpe Fund is the fundraising arm of Georgia Tech athletics, providing scholarship, operations and facilities support for Georgia Tech’s 400-plus student-athletes. Be a part of developing Georgia Tech’s Everyday Champions and helping the Yellow Jackets compete for championships at the highest levels of college athletics by supporting the A-T Fund’s Annual Athletic Scholarship Fund, which directly provides scholarships for Georgia Tech student-athletes, and the Support The Swarm Fund, created to give fans an opportunity to help Georgia Tech athletics maintain its recent momentum through the financial challenges of the Covid-19 pandemic! To learn more about supporting the Yellow Jackets, visit atfund.org.
Website of source
- Colleges That Require Coronavirus Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Colleges That Require Virus-Screening Tech Struggle to Say Whether It Works – The New York Times
- Gender Equality in Tech (GET) Cities Expands to DC to Diversify the Tech Ecosystem – Yahoo Finance
- Turkey Widens War Tech Hunt by Tapping Pakistan’s China Ties – Bloomberg
- Tech recruiting lessons in the Covid-19 era – Information Age
- Virtual tech event highlights local STEM professionals during WHAT I CAN BE! Tech Career Showcase – Herald-Mail Media
- Accenture’s Tech Push Makes It World’s Most Acquisitive Company – Bloomberg
- Tech Hosts Duke for Senior Night – Men’s Basketball — Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets – Georgia Tech Official Athletic Site
- No. 22/19 Tech set for final home game, takes on Cards – VT hokiesports.com