Last week Bethesda shared a tweet with the following message: “Make America Nazi-Free Again. #NoMoreNazis #Wolf2”. It got a lot of feedback from players, mostly positive, but also a few negative reactions as alt-right supporters let Bethesda know that they’re against this kind of violence towards the game’s Nazis.
Bethesda has since replied to the criticism via Pete Hines, during a small interview with GamesIndustry.biz, as the vice-president for PR and Marketing said that “Wolfenstein has been a decidedly anti-Nazi series since the first release more than 20 years ago”, also adding “we don’t feel it’s a reach for us to say Nazis are bad and un-American, and we’re not worried about being on the right side of history here”.
Due to the current political situation in the US, Wolfenstein II could be seen as a political comment, but Pete Hines refuses that idea, stating: “Bethesda doesn’t develop games to make specific statements or incite political discussions. We make games that we think are fun, meaningful, and immersive for a mature audience”. You can read the full interview here if you’re interested in hearing what else he has to say on the matter.
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus will be coming out on October 27 for PC, PS4, and Xbox One, and will be released later for Nintendo Switch. Do you like what you’ve seen of the game so far?
- [LLODO] Giroir says states causing ‘irreparable harm’ to kids with ongoing school closures
- [LLODO] ‘TikTok Doc,’ former employer hit with $45M sexual assault, harassment suit
- [LLODO] 45 law enforcement officers shot, 11 fatally, in first two months of 2021: national police group
- [LLODO] Ohio man accused of murdering ex-wife, 2 others wounded in Detroit police shootout
- [LLODO] California’s infamous ‘I-5 Strangler’ Roger Kibbe found dead in prison cell
- [LLODO] San Francisco DA under fire after citing ‘temper tantrum’ for murder of 84-year-old Asian man
- [LLODO] Georgia deputy dies from wounds; 2 suspects charged with murder
- [LLODO] NY Gov. Andrew Cuomo accused by third woman of unwanted sexual advances
- [LLODO] Rep. Kathleen Rice leads calls for Cuomo to resign after third accuser comes forward: ‘The time has come’