Shares of DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) plunged on Friday after the IT services provider reported its fiscal first-quarter results. The company beat analyst estimates for both revenue and earnings, but it slashed its full-year guidance. As of 11:40 a.m. EDT, the stock was down about 32.5%.
DXC reported first-quarter revenue of $4.89 billion, down 7.4% year over year and $30 million higher than the average analyst estimate. Revenue from the global business services segment fell 2.4% to $2.16 billion, while revenue from the global infrastructure services segment tumbled 11% to $2.73 billion. Currency negatively impacted revenue in both segments.
Image source: Getty Images.
Non-GAAP (adjusted) earnings per share came in at $1.74, down from $1.93 in the prior-year period but $0.03 better than analysts were expecting. As reported under generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), net income was $0.61 per share, down from $0.78 per share in the year-ago quarter. GAAP earnings were hurt by restructuring, transaction, separation, and integration-related costs.
While total revenue slumped, digital revenue was up 35% year over year. “We continue to invest in Digital talent, capabilities, and offerings, and we are seeing strong demand for these solutions,” said CEO Mike Lawrie in prepared remarks included in the earnings release.
For the full year, DXC now expects revenue between $20.2 billion and $20.7 billion, non-GAAP EPS between $7.00 and $7.75, and adjusted free cash flow equivalent to 90% of non-GAAP net income. That revenue guidance range is $500 million below the company’s previous guidance, and the non-GAAP EPS range was lowered by $0.75.
DXC’s guidance cut overshadowed better-than-expected first-quarter results, prompting investors to punish the stock.
This article was originally published on Fool.com
- [LLODO] Michigan state Dem pepper-sprayed, charged with DUI, resisting arrest, weapons possession: report
- [LLODO] Head of NYC’s posh Dalton School leaving at the end of 2021
- [LLODO] Chilling video captures moment a love triangle erupts in murder, revenge in NYC
- [LLODO] NYPD officers hit with Molotov cocktail and liquid chemical in face, police say
- [LLODO] California group files federal civil rights complaint over San Diego school district’s ‘racist’ teachings
- [LLODO] Podcast helped in hunt for 1996 killer of California student
- [LLODO] National weather forecast: Parts of Northeast could see more than a foot of snow
- [LLODO] Cuomo boasts he ‘invented’ NYS-scented hand sanitizer, faces no questions over scandals
- [LLODO] Teacher who decried NYC school’s ‘indoctrination’ put on remote work: ‘Feels like punishment’