What happened to tumblr?
That’s what some fans of the blogging site are asking after tumblr sold to the parent company of former rival WordPress last week for as little as $3 million. In 2013, Yahoo paid $1.1 billion for it.
For many, tumblr defined the internet of the late aughts, before the explosion of social media. But, Kara Swisher writes, “what plagues the internet today hit tumblr hard and early.”
Here & Now‘s Peter O’Dowd speaks with Kara Swisher (), editor at large for Recode.
- COVID-19 Coronavirus Pandemic
- The Long-Term Effects of COVID-19 on Field Science – Atlas Obscura
- Coronavirus cancellations and delays: Democratic convention, Wimbledon, more
- CDC says we all should wear face coverings to avoid spreading coronavirus
- All the livestream concerts you can watch during the coronavirus shutdown (April 3)
- Coronavirus Updates: Jobs Report, Mask Science – NPR
- Scientists have turned the structure of the coronavirus into music – Science Magazine
- Mil-Spec Ford F-150 has all the rough and tough goods
- Instagram, Twitter used to organize harassment campaigns on Zoom