This is the iPad mini 4… and the iPad mini 5 at the same time
While Apple has almost certainly given up on its rumored plans to upgrade and drastically redesign the pint-sized iPhone SE, the company’s compact tablets are not dead yet. Following in the footsteps of a 2015-released iPad mini 4 that’s still up for grabs at $399 and up with 128GB storage space, a new 7.9-incher is widely expected to see daylight this spring alongside a seventh-generation “standard” iPad possibly sporting a larger 10.5-inch screen.
Everything else, including the rather thick screen bezels, Touch ID fingerprint sensor, Lightning port, and 3.5mm headphone jack of the iPad mini 4 are likely to go unchanged for a sequel we’ve been waiting for since 2016. That’s disappointing to hear, but for what it’s worth, Steve H. can’t “vouch at 100%” for the accuracy of alleged iPad mini 5 factory CAD-based renders he’s recently been able to procure.
Curiously, the actual renders are not out yet and it’s unclear if we’ll ever get to see them, although if they do look so boring and repetitive, there’s probably no point in sharing them with the public.
- [LLODO] Suspect captured in shooting of Texas police officer during traffic stop
- [LLODO] Border Patrol agents in Texas discover 18 adults, 2 kids hiding under a truck’s trailer boards
- [LLODO] Man who killed New Mexico police officer had criminal past, drug history: authorities
- [LLODO] Judge denies Derek Chauvin defense team’s acquittal request in George Floyd’s death
- [LLODO] Daunte Wright shooting: Ex-Minnesota police officer Kim Potter to make first court appearance
- [LLODO] ‘Not so peaceful’: CNN’s Don Lemon avoids using the word ‘riot,’ yet tells reporter to ‘watch her back’
- [LLODO] Whitmer defends state health director traveling to Alabama while not fully vaccinated
- [LLODO] Political cartoon of the day: One big joke