Two weeks after the Apple Watch Series 4 and Apple Watch Hermès release, Apple Watch Nike+ is shipping to customers and hitting stores. The Nike+ version of Apple Watch Series 4 will be available starting Friday, October 5th. Apple Watch Nike+ is almost identical to the aluminum Apple Watch Series 4 — save for three differences.
9to5Mac Happy Hour
Update 10/5: This post has been updated with information about in-store availability, the unboxing experience, and hands-on photos with the new models.
Apple Watch Nike+
Apple Watch Nike+ has the same design and price as the aluminum Apple Watch Series 4, including options for GPS-only and built-in LTE. But Apple Watch Nike+ is geared toward athletes, specifically runners, as it comes with the Nike Run Club app pre-installed. The NRC app doesn’t work differently than on other Apple Watches, but Apple Watch Nike+ does include unique watch faces exclusive to this model.
The Series 4 model of Apple Watch Nike+ includes a new full screen color version of the special Nike Analog face with Nike’s typeface for the numbers around the clock. This features a fixed complication for launching the NRC app.
It also includes a Nike Digital watch face that has a fixed NRC app complication, two additional small complications, and one bottom wide complication, but this watch face is unchanged from the Series 2 and Series 3 models of Apple Watch Nike+.
There are also Nike versions of the Sport bands and Sport Loop bands.
Nike Sport bands are designed to be more breathable with perforations that won’t trap sweat. These are sold separately or with the Nike watch.
Nike Sport Loop bands on the Series 4 model are unique this year — and not just their color. Apple says the Nike Sport Loop bands are made with reflective yarn so they shine when exposed to light.
To help you stand out, Apple Watch Nike+ Series 4 is now available with a Nike Sport Loop band that’s woven with special reflective thread designed to shimmer when light strikes it.
The new Nike Sport Loop bands with reflective characteristics aren’t sold separately yet, but Apple and Nike have a pattern of making these available around six months after release with the watch.
Digital Byte Computing has an early unboxing video that shows the black packaging and Nike-specific version of the prints inside:
WatchGeneration has shared several excellent hands-on photos of the new model:
Apple Watch Nike+ starts at $399 with Apple Stores carrying in-store stock of select models. Most online orders ship around mid-October. Read our full Apple Watch Series 4 review to learn more about the changes in the latest model.
Subscribe to 9to5Mac on YouTube for more Apple news:
- [LLODO] Kentucky ABC shuts down Lexington coffee shop for refusing to close after new coronavirus order
- [LLODO] Florida authorities investigate tractor-trailer explosion near a Walmart
- [LLODO] North Carolina sheriff’s deputy shot after armed suspect’s gun unintentionally discharges, officials say
- [LLODO] ‘Porch pirate’ in Amazon driver garb steals packages from Virginia stoop
- [LLODO] Two Florida children are dead after car crashes into canal
- [LLODO] New DOJ rules could allow firing squads, electrocution, poisonous gas for executions
- [LLODO] Los Angeles County issues safer-at-home order that starts Nov. 30
- [LLODO] Fire burns 3 Massachusetts homes, may be caused by exploding deep-fried turkey
- [LLODO] John Yoo: Supreme Court rejection of Cuomo’s COVID restrictions on worship upholds religious liberty