Coresight Research’s monthly reports keep you up to date on US and UK retail sales, US retail traffic and in-store metrics, selected US retailers’ same-store sales and key global consumer indicators. Click here to view our full collection of Monthly Reports.
Our monthly UK Retail Sales Report reviews the latest sector data published by the Office for National Statistics (ONS).
Highlights from our July UK Retail Sales Report:
- July was a solid month for UK retail overall, according to the ONS: Sales grew 3.7% versus 4.0% in June and slightly below the 4.1% average for the prior 12 months. However, grocery sector growth remained tepid and sales at large clothing retailers were down a little year over year.
- The Internet pure play and mail-order sector saw a jump in growth, possibly helped by Amazon’s Prime Day, which was held in mid-July.
- Shop-price inflation stood at 0.8% in July, up from 0.5% in June.
Other research you may be interested in:
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing