(WLBT/Gray News) – Would you give up all digital devices and social media for a whole weekend if you were paid $1,000?
A company called SatelliteInternet.com is currently hiring someone to take a digital detox for two nights in Joshua Tree National Park in southern California. The chosen person will then report on their experience using a satellite internet connection on the third night.
If you want the $1,000 you have to be willing to give up your cell phone, internet, laptop, TV, social media and all other technology. YIKES.
In addition to the $1,000 compensation, the company will send the person to an AirBnB near a national park and provide $1,000 for food and transportation. You can check out the Airbnb HERE.
So, do you think you could take a digital detox for a whole weekend? Here’s your shot.
SatelliteInternet.com is an online resource aimed at helping people compare satellite internet providers in their area.
Copyright 2019 WLBT and Gray News. All rights reserved.
- Pandemic thriller Utopia on Amazon might be the perfect viewing
- 2021 Jaguar F-Pace refreshed with new styling, luxury and tech
- 2020 Halloween full moon: This year’s spooky spectacle brings a rare twist
- The best minimalist wallet for 2020
- NASA chief calls for prioritizing Venus after surprise find hints at alien life
- YouTube is adding a new Shorts feature to rival TikTok and Instagram Reels
- Paul Rudd, world’s youngest 51-year-old, tells fellow kids to mask up
- Jonathan Majors to join MCU as villain Kang the Conquerer, report says
- TikTok ban won’t prevent employees from being paid, US says in filing