The Switch version of the eShop has grown exponentially since the console launched back in March 2017. New games are popping up practically every week. This, naturally, makes it harder for shoppers to sift through the whole selection. Many Switch owners have been requesting better organization of the eShop, and now it seems Nintendo is finally doing something about it.
A new update has been rolled out for the eShop which adds for new search filters: Genre, Price Range, Games with Demos and Downloadable Content. Hitting either of these new filters will reveal a list of sub-categories. For example, the “Genre” filter opens up all the different categories of games such as Sports, Racing, Simulation, etc. The categories get even more specific than that, with options like “Music” and “Study”. This filter alone should make it easier than ever to find new titles.
Back in the summer, Nintendo of America COO Reggie Fils-Aime mentioned that the company was working on better curation for the Switch eShop. While it definitely took a while, it’s good to see that the eShop designers were actually able to come up with improvements. This is the second ‘regular improvement request’ that Nintendo has fulfilled this week, with the first being the much-awaited arrival of a YouTube app for Switch.
The Switch eShop has been updated with new search filters was last modified: November 12th, 2018 by
Having been introduced to video games at the age of 3 via a Nintendo 64, A.K has grown up in the culture. A fan of simulators and racers, with a soft spot for Nintendo! But, he has a great respect for the entire video game world and enjoys watching it all expand as a whole.
- [LLODO] Ohio mother charged with murder after son’s body found decomposing under pile of clothes
- [LLODO] Bernie Madoff death caps unbelievably tragic ‘mixed story’: Gasparino
- [LLODO] Ben Crump: Police, especially in Minnesota, should be on ‘their greatest behavior’
- [LLODO] Body of missing LSU freshman Kori Gauthier recovered from Mississippi River
- [LLODO] LIVE UPDATES: Ex-Minnesota police officer Kim Potter released from jail after posting $100K bond
- [LLODO] Army drill sergeant charged over viral video involving Black man
- [LLODO] Ex-Minnesota police officer Kim Potter released from jail after posting $100G bond
- [LLODO] Delaware ex-day care worker pleads guilty to murder for suffocating 4-month old, abusing others